Friday, May 23, 2008

Colored umbrellas

This a quiz, in the domain of general knowledge and culture, based upon the above photo. To help you answer, I'll give you a few hints. Last weekend, when Natacha and Alain came to visit me at Gamone, the weather was mainly wet, but the three of us were equipped with umbrellas. Two of us do their shopping systematically in a chain of international stores of Scandinavian origins, whose name starts with I. The colors of the flag of the home country of that celebrated commercial organization, largely present in the stores themselves, are well known. The third umbrella owner is less organized, purchasing goods in any old boutique at all.

Question: Who are the respective owners of the umbrellas?

1 comment:

  1. Let's try:

    From an intuitive point of view, I would have said: the one on the right is yours.

    Then, I read your article and you say:
    Two of us do their shopping systematically in a chain of international stores of Scandinavian origins, whose name starts with I.

    In a previous article you said that Natacha and Alain offered you an 'I... armchair'.

    Conclusion:
    I still think the right one is your's, the yellow and blue one belong to Natacha and Alain.

    One question is still not answered so far:
    yellow=natacha, blue=alain, or the other way round.

    I'm too tired tonight to have some sort of mathematical thinking, but I'll get back to this problem in the next days.

    ReplyDelete