Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dédé back on the road

A few days ago, I was happily surprised to find that my neighbor Dédé had strolled up to Gamone on foot, like at old times.

With his knee problems, it's not an easy excursion, but the fact that he has got back into the walking act is good news. I suspect, too, that Dédé appreciates the possibility of being able to chat with somebody other than his dear Madeleine. I'm not suggesting that Madeleine is not an excellent conversationalist. On the contrary, I think it's her favorite activity, and she's a prolific talker. When Madeleine and I start chatting together, for example, it soon becomes quite difficult for one or other of us to get a word in edgewise, as the saying goes. But I would imagine that Dédé likes to have a change of voice from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. We have a good friend who visits for coffee nearly every Monday at 10.00 am-ish.

    His visits break the dialogue between Jim and me, adding a third voice. Also he shares his research and knowledge of internet marketing.

    He and his family are moving north to Sawtell next month. We will miss him very much.

    ReplyDelete