Monday, February 15, 2010

Pondering

Blogging has become an enjoyable everyday activity for me. However, it consumes a certain quantity of my creative energy that might be devoted to other challenges. For some time now, I've been thinking of terminating Antipodes, in order to concentrate all my limited resources upon another task that fascinates me more profoundly: the pursuit of my autobiographical tale entitled Digital Me. There's also my genealogical research, which I would like to tackle more regularly and deeply (particularly my latest passion for Y-chromosome research concerning my Skyvington ancestors). And I'm also determined to bring a couple of movie scripts to successful fruition.

I haven't yet made a firm decision, but it's becoming more and more likely that I'll do this. If so, I intend to use the Accessor software I developed (see the banner in the margin) to index correctly the totality of my articles. In any case, if I were to make this decision , I would abandon my blog abruptly but quietly... not with a bang, but a whimper.

POST SCRIPTUM: It goes without saying that, having terminated the blog approach, I would rely upon Twitter, Buzz and old-fashioned email to communicate briefly but effectively with the outside world.

5 comments:

  1. While I understand your quest to use your creative energy for other challenges, it still saddens me to think that a voice who offers valuable insights into the fascinating world of science may be leaving the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or is it that you've been spending too much time over at Vienna for Dummies?

    Should you go ahead and discontinue Antipodes, I will miss your blog and your take on life but particularly I will miss the warmth of tone when you write about Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William, It would indeed be a sad day for viewers of your blog(selfishly, such as me and I'm certain many others) were you to abandon Antipodes. Perhaps you might consider contributing fewer articles to your blog and keep Antipodes alive - say one a day to provide more time for your other pursuits. Tempus fugit (when you are having fun).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No William, you can't put an end to this blog ! It is a pleasure to read you.

    I had not much time to leave comments the last couple of weeks (a lot of things happened in my life, I managed to settle down for a while now), but I still had a look every day at your blog. Twitter, Buzz or Facebook are different.

    Or maybe I'm too old - according to an article I read somewhere last week, only "old" people continue to write articles on their blogs - by "old" the meant 30...

    Please, try to post something every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noooooo! No! Please keep up your blog.

    ReplyDelete