Friday, January 1, 2010

Decade dog

I'm told that the most spectacular image on this first night of the new decade is the so-called Blue Moon. It isn't really blue at all, of course, but merely full... like countless New Year drinkers at the present moment. But I found a better photographic subject to symbolize this moment for me: the end of a decade in the constant company of Sophia, and the start of a new one.

Five minutes ago, when I took this photo in the kitchen, not even the flash disturbed the deep slumber of my darling dog. At the present moment, on the contrary, after suddenly waking up and demanding that I open the door, she's racing around and barking on the slopes. I've often said that it takes no more than a farting fox on the crest of a nearby mountain to cause Sophia to spring back into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment